Perfect for an apèro, a soirée, or any other get together with friends and family. Easy to make especially if you make the marinade the night before to let all the flavours combine.
Marinated goat cheese sliders
- 2 stalks celery, diced, minced, in small bits 'n pieces
- 5 ml finely chopped fresh sage
- 5 ml finely chopped fresh thyme
- 5 ml finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 5 ml finely grated lemon zest
- sprinkle of sea salt or chunky salt
- pinch generous pinch of ground nutmeg
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 ml Kresi vinegar
- 170 grams goat cheese log
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 crusty baguette
- The night before, mix together the marinade: celery, sage, thyme, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, salt & nutmeg, vinegar, & olive oil. Put in the refrigerator overnight to let all the flavours mix together.
- Carefully slice the goat cheese log into 1/2 centimetre thick rounds. Place rounds in a single layer on a serving plate with a little room between each.
- Spoon mixture over and around the cheese on the platter. Grind some black pepper over the platter. Set aside at room temperature. Let marinate for 30-45 minutes before serving.
- Serve on slices of crusty baguette.