MEET THE MAKER SERIES
Foodies Goodies & Cookery club
The Foodies meet the maker Goodies & Cookery club is a food-of-the-every-other-month club that helps you discover the best Swiss artisan food products and sometimes, the secret ingredients of some key local chefs.
Designed for people who enjoy discovering new food & learning what to do with it (via cooking classes, demos, workshops). Join this club if you want to learn more about regional products and artisan makers and well… I’m just going to put it out there, some damn good chefs.
We’re talkin’ the best of pickles, chutneys & Swiss cheese and where do you find the best viande séchée and other charcuteries for your fabulous apéros? What about some bio flour, grown and milled on the farm? What would you make with that?
Every two months, get stocked with artisanal goodies delivered to your door, complete with ideas of what you can do with them. Then, for those of us who can, we’ll get together and make something with them. Sometimes, it could be with a fellow foodie. Sometimes, it could be a Michelin-star chef…you’ll just have to see.
Because this is a month-to-month club, we’re just going to keep it simple.
- 45 CHF / sampler of goodies (four products)
- 75 CHF / six delectable goodies (and sometimes a secret ingredient)
Each shipment, members will have the option to participate in a virtual or live tasting and discovery session with one of the artisan producers (it depends what is in the box). Plus, we’ll host a special cooking class showcasing the products of the month.
With all the options of subscription boxes, why join the Foodies: Meet the Maker Goodies & Cookery club?
- It’s about discovery and sharing and coming together with food. And isn’t that what our foodies group is all about? We’re a community already…it’s time to meet each other face-to-face. Why not meet up and enjoy some great food made by some great artisan producers?
- We will actively search for special products and make them available to the club for a limited time (think a flash sale, but better…because ONLY you know about it).
- There will be special experiences created for club members only (hikes, tastings, movie nights, supper clubs, just to name a few).
- Because (and I’ve said this already) we are an awesome group full of awesome people and our awesomeness will exponential by getting together in person (aided a bit, of course, by all the dopamines in great food).
This is a month-to-month membership, based on receiving a box of curated goodies every other month. But you also have a few choices in terms of commitment. I will notify you when we are about to ship and you can easily login and adjust your choices:
- You can add or remove the products in your shipment or even add additional ones.
- You’ll have a choice of pick up or delivery (you can choose monthly–it depends on where the cookery class is located).
- You can easily gift it (or ship it) to a friend or colleague for that month.
- Or you can simply opt out of that month’s shipment.
Small print I have to include:
- We will be shipping on the second Monday or Tuesday of the month so as not to stay in a warehouse over the weekend.
- All billing charges will appear on the 12th of the month. If you have chosen to opt out of the shipment, no charges will appear.
- The cost of the special cooking class or workshop is not included in the membership fees. It would be an additional cost.
What will all this cost?
“What will all this cost?,” you ask? Well. I want to start shipping and meeting you all in February 2022 (sooner is fine too if you are interested to join the Foodies Meet the Maker Wine & Spirits club). So this announcement is like a mini-crowdfunding campaign. If you join our Foodies Meet the Maker Goodies & Cookery Club BEFORE 15 December 2021, enjoy a few extra perks:
- Join the sampler club and get an additional sumthin’ sumthin’ for the first three shipments
- Join the full-on foodies club and get one free ticket to the Dinner in the vineyards 2022 edition (value 150 CHF).
All levels of commitment will have the option to participate in the cookery class for that month (virtually, or in person). There will be limited seats for the in person class, but you will be able to register for that at the beginning of the month when we announce the shipments.
It also makes a great gift!
Did I mention that it’s a great gift ? Consumable products. Memorable experiences. Just tick the box : “This is a gift” and I’ll make sure the person receiving it gets an extra special welcome.
This form is for registration only. Once you are registered, I will send you your subscription confirmation and login information.