A very FOODIE
Virtual Christmas Market
This market takes place in our Foodies Facebook group
I’ve been thinking about my mission at EdibleSwitzerland: “We celebrate the love of food, community, and bringing it all together for fun, food, & flavour.About how we can create community, and bring consumers closer to producers and vice versa. I was thinking about how I can add value to both sides at this particular time of year. And, after reflecting a bit on some group rules (these will be changing in the next few weeks), I thought, maybe I could offer our small businesses a veritable space and voice. I thought we could host a very FOODIE virtual Christmas market. Right here, in this space!
Here’s some guidelines for vendors:
- Post an introductory post (introduce yourself & your business /products). A little selfie video is cool.
- From now to 24 Dec, no more than twice a week. (I think the community will let you know if you are posting too much OR it is not relevant).
- Your products are foodie-related. Products are welcome but also, experiences (cooking classes, tours, events). OR, they are simply your delicious food products you sell.
- Imagine you have a stand at a local market, what would you sell there? That’s what this effort is for.
- Vendors must be able to deliver in Switzerland.
- Ideally, you should also use a tag that describes the product or the problem it solves (#teachersGift, #forHim, #forHer, #forThem). The market stall number and the #marcheFoodies hashtag is the minimum requirement for the post. Engage in the community. Respond to questions. Offer support. Recommend your colleagues when you see a request for recommendations.
Here’s some guidelines for foodie members:
- Engage in this effort to support quality local producers. Like, comment. ASK for things. (“I’m looking for a great gift for my hubby.”)
- Click the hashtag #marcheFoodies to see what’s new in the stream, (this is to reduce redundant posts)
Here’s some general guidelines for everybody:
- No negative comments in the group. Always message admin privately.
- No Illegal or copyright items
- Please be kind to one another. Not abiding by the rules Result in not abiding will result in a ban and if you are a vendor, a loss of your non-refundable stall or removal from the group.
- Rules are subject to change.