HOSTED CULTURAL WINE TOURS ON E-BIKES
Vin et Velo : Wine & wheels
Of mountains and sunsets. Enjoy this day-tour exploring the jewel in the crown of Swiss winemaking by E-bike.
Explore the origin of the Rhone and all its magic
Flanking the mighty River Rhône, the canton of Valais has been producing wine for thousands of years. Not only is it Switzerland’s largest wine producing region, it also is home to many of the country’s indigenous grape varieties.
Join host & wine educator Marc Checkley on this special e-bike tour soaking in the best of the region’s wines, cuisines and scenery. You’ll also meet star winemakers, and uncover little-known ‘Valaisan secrets’.
What to expect
- Explore the famed vineyards of Valais
- Discover the region and its wine history
- Learn wine-tasting techniques
- Meet and chat with winemakers
- Taste more than 8 different local wines
- Enjoy a sumptuous Valaisian lunch
- See a new side of Valais from the comfort of an e-bike
Bains de Saillon
Vineyards and Bourg de Saillon
Wine tasting 1
Lunch and Domaine tour
Wine tasting 2
Scenic return to Saillon
From 230 CHF / person
01 May to 11 Dec 2021
min 2 people
max 8 people
Safety notice – COVID 19
Travel safe during COVID-19. Your safety and well-being is our priority throughout the tour experience. We have the current health & safety measures in place.
- Car/equipment sanitized between use
- Recommended social distancing throughout
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Hand sanitizer available to all guests
230 CHF / person includes
- All costs of tours, tastings, & demos at each stop on the agenda
- Comfortable electric powered bike
- 2 hosted wine-tastings
- Private cellar tour
- Renowned tour guide & wine educators
Price DOES NOT include:
- Travel to Saillon
- Any wine or extras bought on the tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 participants
- This experience requires a minimum number of participants. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Please be on time at the meeting points so as not to disrupt the group tour.
- Tour times are approximate. We feel we have left enough time to get from one destination to another and hope you contribute to being at the right place at the right time.
- Must be 16 years or older to taste beer & wine.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers or people with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Participants should have a moderate physical fitness level and basic bike riding experience
What to bring:
- Wear sensible shoes and layers according to the weather of the day.
- A refillable water container.
About your guide
Marc Checkley is an award-winning producer/director, writer and host who has spent the last four years combining his passion for storytelling with his love and fascination with wine.
- WSET-qualified wine educator
- Hosts educational wine-tasting events in Switzeralnd, UK, & Asia-Pacific
- Published in Gault & Milau Suisse, xyz, abc and many more
- In 2019, a finalist in the Ruinart Sommelier Challenge, Zurich
- Voted one of the top 10 Swiss Wine Sommeliers globally.
“Our host, Marc, arranged a great tour – on e-bike – through the Swiss scenery. Visiting several wine makers. Marc is a great host and very knowledgeable on wines. We felt very welcome on each of the locations that we visited. Great wines to taste, food and wonderful views while cycling through the mountains. Great experience, highly recommended!”
Eindhoven2000Review from Trip Advisor
Book this tour
$230 CHF / adult
Starting 10am & 2 pm